Friday, September 15, 2017

We're All Ears: September 2017

I have to laugh because Erin and Eric were on the same inspiration wavelength this month...  I was literally sitting down to read the We're All Ears inspiration post when Eric emailed me pictures of sunflowers that he took for the September Honey Do List!  (You can see the post with all the information on how to play along HERE if you're interested... I hope you'll play along with us!)  What a perfect flower to inspire us during the fading days of summer as we start to feel the first nip of autumn in the air. 

Photo credit :: via Unsplash :: Becca Romine :: Ciprian Lipenschi :: Nick Nice :: Thomas Smith :: 


Here's a little peek at some of the sunflower-y beads in my stash.  Since I was looking down the barrel of dueling sunflower challenges, I figured that it was only fair for me to use the earring-friendly beads for the We're All Ears challenge.  Eric will have to be happy with some sunflower inspired necklace creations.  :)


The first thing I made was a total no brainer for me.  I had picked up some flower charms from Golem Design Studio at Bead & Button this year and one of them was perfect sunflower colors!  I had already used one pair for last month's Honey Do List, so I already had a basic design/style in mind so there was no reason not to get to work!  Since I was on a roll, I went ahead and whipped up earrings with the other two remaining colorways.  I had lovely coordinating Humblebeads disks that were perfect for all three pairs (probably because I pretty much bought a set of every color that Heather Powers had at B&B!!).


Since I was still in painting mode trying to get some of my fan favorite designs finished for my next show that's approaching way too rapidly, I decided to add some paint to a few sunflower charms (or maybe some are really daisies) for a fun effect!  The unpainted pair was a last minute addition when I realized that the Czech glass I had in mind didn't match the painted sunflowers.  I had all the stuff out, so why not?


Lastly, I revisited my Golem collection... and this time fished out some fun polka dotted lentil beads.  These are certainly my least literal interpretation, but I thought the colors were spot on for sunflowers.


So that's it for me this time.  Check back with me on Monday, September 25th to see what other sunflower designs I come up with for the Honey Do List challenge.  I hope you'll consider playing along with us!

Check out the Earrings Everyday blog HERE to see what other sunflower earrings folks dreamed up!


7 comments:

  1. Wow! You really stepped up to the challenge! I love them all, but I do think that last dotty pair is my favorite! I actually see those as a stylized version of the inside of the flower heads. These challenges are great because they make us make things ready for our shows and exhibits! Thanks for sharing the challenge this month. I will see if I can whip up something for the Honey Do challenge, but I don't have a lot of yellow in my studio! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin. I hope you will play along with us... orange and brown work too... and I bet you have some of Heather's Van Gogh "Sunflowers" pieces in your stash. ;)

      Delete
  2. Daisies and sunflowers I love them both. The painted grill ones are my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you were inspired. Look at all these wonderful earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your earrings are wonderful. I love the last pair. The polka dots are such fun. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the all, WOW,you are suvh an inspiration, see you on the 25th to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The details in your earrings are always a pleasure to see! And I absolutely love your colored metal findings! The last pair caught my attention with the totally abstract design!

    ReplyDelete