Friday, June 30, 2017

Artisans Create Together Color Palette Challenge: June 2017

Each month there are two great color palettes put together to inspire members of the Facebook group Artisans Create Together.  I don't always get around to creating something new for this design challenge, but this month I manage (although barely!) to make two designs for one of the color palettes.  Here's the deliciously soft and beachy color palette:


These aqua tones are some of my favorites so I had no trouble at all finding some gorgeous beads and focals to work with... pairing it down to something manageable was more of the problem!  There's a decent amount of soft neutrals in the inspiration collage to work with too.

My first design is in line with the beach theme of many of the inspiration photos.  I started with a cute seahorse focal by Michelle McCarthy of Firefly Design Studio.  For some reason, as soon as I picked the bracelet bar up I knew I wanted to try something with a length of 7 ply waxed Irish Linen that I had cut too short for a different project.  I had already tied a loop (that would have been for a button clasp) but I decided it could just as easily be the "ring" for a lobster clasp.  I added a couple of wire wrapped links on the clasp side to round things out.    


Next up I decided to play with an oversized ceramic pendant by Tracee Dock of The Classic Bead that I got in one of her destash bundles a while back.  I love the funky repeating floral pattern she used.  I had fun stringing an asymmetrical pattern of Czech glass beads... many of them a fortunate Bead and Button purchase!  I wanted my design to have pops of the cream from the pendant so I used the creamy flowers and a mix of rondelles that had some lighter neutral tones included.


I love participating in these challenges (I know, I know, you haven't noticed before!) because they give me some focus for my creative process and often force me to think about things in different and new ways.  If it weren't for this color palette challenge, who knows how long it would take me to get around to using these lovely art bead focals.  Thanks for stopping by and checking out what I've been working on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment