Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Art Bead Scene: April 2016 Take Two

I wasn't sure that I would have time to make a second design for this month's Art Bead Scene challenge but I managed to pull it off!  For a piece of art that didn't really inspire me, I'm super happy with the designs I came up with.  You can read more about the artist and the artwork over on the ABS blog HERE and see my other design HERE if you missed it.

"Jacob’s Ladder", 1957
by Helen Frankenthaler

I started with a lovely pendant made by Lesley Watt that had the same pink and rusty orange colors as the painting.  (This was one of my Bead Fest acquisitions from last August and I have to say again how much fun it was to meet her in person!)  I kept the color palette primarily with the pinks and oranges from the pendant.  I did add a couple of small touches of turquoise with some Picasso finish melon beads.




6 comments:

  1. Wow! - that pendant was destined for this challenge and your necklace is lovely. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever score with a perfect pendant for this challenge! And those Czech glass beads are just the thing to compliment the color palette. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this style of yours! You pull it all together so flawlessly! That touch of turquoise really makes the whole necklace pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect focal and colors! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the focal - of your 2 pieces, this is my fave.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete