Friday, November 20, 2015

We're All Ears November 2015

This month for the We're All Ears challenge, Erin has inspired us to make earrings based on all the unique shapes of seed pods!  You can read more about why she had seed pods on the brain over on the Earrings Everyday blog HERE.

Here are some of the cool vintage botanical prints that Erin shared with us to get us going:


The first thing that came to my mind for this challenge were some copper plated pewter poppy pods from Nunn Design.  (I have them in silver too but that didn't feel very forest floor!)  I paired them with some fun swirled Czech glass coin beads.   These are a bit on the heavy side for earrings, so they won't be for everyone!


My second two pairs of earrings may be more spore or mushroom like than pod themed, but hopefully it's not too big of a stretch!  I received both the orangey-red speckled ceramic beads and the green and gold wood beads in a shipment from Blueberry Cove Beads.  For the orangey pair I mixed in some Czech glass drops and tiny rondelles.  For the green pair I added some faceted agate beads to the wood and copper plated findings.   



I hope you'll stop by the Earrings Everyday blog to see what everyone else was inspired to create this month!

10 comments:

  1. I really like the pewter poppy pods from Nunn. They make great earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the earrings, but the green and copper captured my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 gorgeous pairs of earrings!! I love that by just turning the bead caps round the other way you get a whole new look and your choice of colours adds such drama to your designs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ..loving the Nunn Design earrings.... perfect time to use the poppy pods for this Challenge and they turned out beautifully paired with the swirl Czech beads. The bead caps on the other two add the right touch to make them look more pod like...Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am beginning to believe that ALL my earrings are pod shapes of some sort! I was looking at the earrings I made for last month and those have a distinctly pod-look, too! I love all three. The colors are luminous and the shapes are, well, pods, so I love them all! But I like the red-orange ones best. Join me for the next We're All Ears challenge on the Earrings Everyday blog on December 4th! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful earrings I love all of them but my favorite is the green pair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The green pair remind me of rose hips just a different color though I guess they start out green so I'll watch mine next year and see! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful designs! The poppy seed beads are amazing. Love the red and green beads as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful. Great colors and very wearable designs.

    ReplyDelete