Monday, November 2, 2015

New Earring Monday: Weeks 43 and 44

>Happy New Earring Monday and welcome to November!  I really thought that October was going to move at a more leisurely pace, but that's not really how it went down.  I think that it might be time to admit that life will probably always be a whirlwind!  Despite that fact, I vow to try and savor every moment and experience I can... two more months to enjoy what 2015 has to offer.

I'm super excited to share this first pair of earrings for this installment.  While digging around in my messing studio for something else entirely, I stumbled upon a pack of cool silver colored filigree pieces that I bought from my friend Marcia when she was destashing some items she no longer needed.  Even though I'd looked at this pack many times before, suddenly the light bulb went on and I had a clear idea of what I wanted to try with them.  

I pulled out some Arte Metal rectangle blanks from Vintaj and matching rivets and then sat down with my hole punch pliers and my hammer... and bingo!  I would love to make another pair, but I seem to have lost the filigree pieces in my mess of a space.  (I really hope that Marcia doesn't read this!!)  It may be past time to do some studio clean up... maybe next week.


I decided to keep with a riveting theme for my second pair of earrings... I really don't play enough with this technique and I really should do more!  This time I mixed copper and Arte Metal for a leafy pair that feels like fall to me.


1 comment:

  1. These are so cute. I love how you are always working with new techniques!

    ReplyDelete