Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Unfinished Business

The last couple of weeks have been a frenzy of jewelry making activity for me as I work to get as much jewelry made as possible before my husband and I set off on a long road trip.  I don't know about you, but I often get a bit overwhelmed by everything on my to-do list and all the new ideas zipping around in my head.  One tactic that works for me when this happens is to focus in on unfinished business in order to clear some mental space for brand new projects and ideas.

What do I mean by unfinished business??  Mostly I mean the jumble of bits and bobs piled up around my workspace... half started, partially thought out, and then abandoned while I flit off to some other idea or run out of time before an event.  Here are some of the items still hanging out in purgatory even after my recent jewelry making blitz.... hopefully theses will become something soon too.


Here is my confession:  I have the tendency to make up big batches of resin pendants or painted metal pieces, finish a few projects, then set aside the rest for another day.  "Another day" has a bad habit of not coming around and the piles of unfinished business grow larger.

Here's a little collection of necklaces that I made with resin pendants that have been languishing on my bead board for a long time... some since last fall!


And here's a little bevy of brass beauties that have finally become what they were meant to be!  The leaf in the bottom left corner has been waiting since the 2014 Bead Cruise!


Whew, that was a lot of stuff!  But now I feel so much lighter without all those projects hanging around my neck like an albatross and I can get down to business on my next round of projects with a clear mind and a clean(er) workspace!  I hope that I've inspired some of you to tackle some of your unfinished business, whatever that may be.  Feel free to share with me if you did!

P.S.  I'll be taking all of the resin necklaces to Unearthed Arts this week... just as soon as I can get everything priced and tagged.  I just delivered all these brass pieces (and a whole lot more!) to Uptown MN at the MSP airport.

2 comments:

  1. These are stunning! I clearly need to go home and look at all the unfinished projects for various crafts if it provides inspiration like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I too have a pile of 'another day' objects I should get to...Love what you've done with yours, Sarajo! These are all perfect for
    Spring and Mother's Day, too.

    ReplyDelete