Sunday, February 16, 2014

Butterflies and Valentines

I just wanted to do a quick post to share some special orders I made for one of our friends for Valentine's Day.  Tony contacted me before Christmas to feel things out and start planning (very wise since January is always a busy month for me in the library world).  He wanted coordinating special occasion necklaces for his wife and two little girls and I was thrilled to be entrusted with this task.

It took a little back and forth to figure out a solid direction and color palette (and me sharing a bunch of pictures to get a feel for what sort of things he liked) but I think (hope) that the end result will be a hit with the whole family!

Here is what I came up with for them.  I went with a similar color scheme and butterfly theme for all three necklaces.  All feature brass pendants that I embossed and then hand painted in rich bright purples.  For mom, or Amanda as I call her, I went with a butterfly pattern on a round brass piece that I filagree wrapped for a fancier look.  I added in some nice Swarovski crystals in a couple of shades of purple, rainbow fluorite, and purple crazy lace agate.  

Amanda's necklace 
For Tony and Amanda's littlest Valentines (aka their adorable little girls) I made matching necklaces with butterfly shaped pendants in the same colors as their mom's.  Wanting to keep the scale fairly small for these, I added in links of seed beads, ceramic beads, and Swarovski pearls in various shades of purple.

For the girls!
I hope that they love their new jewelry and enjoy wearing it for years to come!

1 comment: