Sunday, September 29, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge - Weeks 37 & 38

Wow, the last two weeks have just flown by!  This whole year has gone fast, but with all my last minute preparations for the Edge of the Big Woods Art Wander this weekend, it's gone especially fast.  Luckily, those preparatios have included lots and lots of jewelry making... including some earrings.

It's time once again for the Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge reveal.  So, here are a couple of pairs I've whipped up.  If you are reading this the day I post it, these might still be for sale at the Art Wander... local folks, you can visit me at Studio E in Waconia, 1412 Beachcomber Blvd.

For my first pair of this week's reveal I used the Vintaj "India Archway" embossing folder with the Georgian Drop altered blanks.  I painted them using their patinas with a bit of bronze metallic shimmer mixed into the glaze.  You really can't see the shimmer in the photos I took, but I promise it's there!  I added in a little link with some shimmery Czech glass in a salmon pink to complete the look.  I made a coordinating necklace that these would go perfectly with!

Week 37: Moroccan Sunset 

Here's that necklace!
My second pair also features Vintaj blanks that I have embossed and painted.  This time I used copper and also used my dapping block to give them a nice domed shape.  I'm a sucker for all things acorn, and this is the time of year for it!  I added some cool green Czech glass that I wire wrapped.

Week 38: Green Oak
That's it for me for this installment.  Please check out what all the other participants have made for this reveal.




6 comments:

  1. Cute jewelry. I really love the earrings, very Hollywood Regency!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous earrings. The colors are just fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors in the patina-wonderful earrings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially love your lipstick pink Bollywood pieces, delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everyone! Both of these pairs sold at my big art show this weekend...yay! I'm itching to get back to painting some new things.

    ReplyDelete