Friday, March 22, 2013

Inspired by Reading Book Club

I know lots of creative people and many avid readers (I AM a librarian after all!), so I thought I'd share this really interesting creative opportunity.  Andrew Thornton, who is one of my favorite bloggers, has created an unusual book group/creative challenge in the Inspired by Reading Book Club.  You can check out his blog post all about it and find out how to join if you are so inspired.  Link to the Facebook group HERE.

The basic idea is that each month the group will read a book and then create some sort of creative response to share with the group.  You don't have to create jewelry...it can be any type of artistic interpretation.  This is a fun and totally different kind of creative challenge for me so I'm excited to take part!
A pic of the upcoming titles from Andrew's blog.
The first book for April is Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik.  I checked a copy out from the library yesterday and am excited to dive in.  I keep saying that I should try to read more adult books so this could help me out in that area.  I even own Bridge of Birds and have never read it, embarrassing since we bought it back in 1998 or so!  I hope some of you might be inspired to play along too!





No comments:

Post a Comment